For experienced Southern California area technicians, the ItsAboutQ program provides no-cost training leading to sponsored technician certification.
HVACR trade persons living or working in the Southern California Edison and San Diego Gas & Electric service areas generally qualify for the program.
NATE technician certification is widely required and increasing each year. The ‘skills gap’ of today’s technicians is dramatically increasing. Technician capabilities have not kept up with technology advances.
This program is a not a cram course to get-you-through-the-exam.
The program is offered at no cost to professionals looking to increase their skill levels through an online self-directed program with the discipline to complete the pathway requirements.
ItsAboutQ can help you establish a training program that takes your technicians at any level to the next step. We hear from Employers constantly wondering where all of the qualified technicians have gone. There are two answers to that question:
- Only the same underqualified technicians are working in the industry. With technology constantly becoming more sophisticated, the answer is that technicians have made little to no effort to stay formally up to date, instead relying on a combination of luck and changing parts.
- More people are leaving and retiring from the industry at a time when technology advances have forced higher levels of preventative maintenance requirements and technical skill.
FOR TECHNICIANS AND HVACR INDUSTRY PROFESSIONALS
ItsaboutQ is a natural choice given our massive first-time pass rate to bring you up to NATE, BPI, or HVAC Excellence certified technician standards.
As states and energy utilities have negatively focused on underqualified technicians performing services for their rebate and optimization programs, the demand for certification has increased exponentially.
- Building owners now aggressively seek out the money saving optimization and rebate programs aiming to reduce their operating expenses. If you are not certified, your might find yourself locked out from working on these projects.
- California Utility Ratepayers fund the Tuition Assistance Program under the auspices of the California Public Utilities Commission. That means that most proficiency levels of Heating and Air Conditioning training, with NATE certification, is free to qualified technicians in Southern California.
How it Works:
- Technicians first take a technical core skill assessment (TCA) that leads to a professional development plan. The TCA identifies weak areas or knowledge gaps. The professional development program provides educational opportunities designed precisely to fill these gaps and to augment the technician’s essential skills in electrical, the refrigeration cycle, airflow and more.
- Upon successful completion of the training opportunities outlined in the professional development plan, a prepaid exam voucher is issued to the technician, and an exam proctor is scheduled. An exam proctor sits with you while you take the exam either individually or in a group of exam takers.
- It is time to sit for the NATE exams. A complimentary subscription to TekAssist classes provides an opportunity to brush up on your testing skills before the scheduled NATE exam.
Train from the convenience of your home or office. All self-directed training is taken online. Enjoy a 90% plus first-time pass rate on the NATE exams. The proven high pass rate for first time examinees makes this program a natural and confident choice.